Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Quest for a Shoe

One of the lesson that I learned from being a mother for almost 3 years now is about not-compromising comfort. What I wear simply speaks how I feel (comfort); although it appears as sluggish to some others. I don't bother to look grand in order to feel good. In fact I feel great without make-up, Gucci, Jovian Mandagie, 10 karat diamond and a Porsche. Nothing, compare to the satisfaction of chasing a 30 and 10 months old toddler and baby around!

But yeah, I have to admit that once a while you need to spend for a looker. Cruel world. What is seen as nice, deemed as nice. So I adapt, moderately to cater both; others' perceptions and most importantly my values.

Shoes and women are just like sugar and spice. Well, irony-ly, almost everything is a woman's best friend (???). The last shoes I bought was back when I was pregnant with UFZ. Oh yes, it was during raya! Guess what, I still put on the same Scholl flats until now. Being the only shoes in the active mode. Wow. Ni Haji Bakhil pon kalah! Haha. Honestly, I can easily-give up when searching for a shoe. I am fussy. Only because of;
1. Size
I am tall and heavy. Heels make my back hurt. Flats appear boring but often a best-fit.
2. Load
My 10 months old baby loves to be carried by his over-attentive ibu. He is not that light.
3. Design
Non strap (quick-wear), light-weight, proper foot support and yet, stylish.

Most of the time stylish shoes are not meant for comfort. Period.

Today, I made the time to look for new shoe at iSetan in conjunction of hari raya. Took me a while, seriously. Settled down with one from Pedal Works. Light weight, platform/wedge cut for stability, foot support in place and ankle guard for better grip.

P/s: Done with shoes. Need to work on the add-ons for the hijab. Too simple. Time, please be at my side...
Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir Batin :)


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments: