First day
Our traffic experience on the first day was really bad. One that we never put our bet on ever again; to take the old route to work! Woke up extra early that morning. Heated up a bottle of EBM for Umar's first feeding session, packed my breast pump bag and ensure the kids' nursery bag was all in place. Just when we were about to leave the house, it was ready Subuh. After prayer, we sent the kids to the babysitter then off we went to work; around 6.15am.
We reached Pasar Borong Selayang at 6.40-ish am; and the smooth-flow traffic ended! It was awful, bump-to-bump condition for more than half an hour. Even the snail could finish its race faster! I was nervous, gauging whether or not can we arrive at MINDEF before the parade, scheduled at 8 am. My eyes kept on hunting for alternative routes. We just could not afford to stick to Jalan Kuching, not on the day my husband is reporting for duty! A while then I saw our savor, its DUKE! Plan B! No need to send the wife to KLCC, husband gets to be escorted first! Asked husband to switch lane to an escapade to Jalan Semarak. Phewww~
![]() |
| Just could not have enough of you, KL :) |
Well, the conflict did not end there. Everybody knows the congestion one is expected to face at the Semarak exit. I knew, husband just won't be able to arrive on time. But it is much closer to MINDEF rather than the originally-planned route. I cannot stop the time. So I had a moment of silence. In my heart, I prayed hard; for His mercy perhaps the test stops there for the day. May the remaining hours of the day be better, especially on the day husband is reporting for duty. I prayed for the best to happen for him. Amin.
We reached his office at 8.05am; the parade was in session. I then left for work. Later that day, on our way back, husband shared his first day's experience. Alhamdulillah, yes the disaster ended at the office gate that morning. Berkat solat Subuh jemaah perhaps?
First week as BWM
Breasstfeedinf. Working Mother...Hectic! Yes, we still live under the same roof with baba and mama. As much as possible, we tried to manage our kids and house chores on our own. Opportunist is not something that we aspire to be, seriously. We know our responsibility but some time, we are glad to accept lending hand(s) from surrounding people. Thank you.
Work is beginning to piling up. It is challenging to cope between work and motherhood, especially with 2 kids to handle. During the weekdays, I will wake up as early as 4.30am, heat up a bottle of EBM, pack my breastpump bag, pack the kids' nursery bag, iron my workdress, take a bath and change the kids' diaper before leaving the house at 6.00am.
![]() |
| Nursery bag(s) |
As I arrived at the office around 7.00am, I will go to the pantry and make myself a mug of hot milo then straight away to the mother's room for my first pumping session of the day. Gosh, keeping up with breastfeeding and expressing at work are becoming tougher by the day. I have to express 4 times (3 times at the office and once inside the car, otw back) to get around 18 to 20oz of milk. Now, i am happy if I could at least pump 3 times a day. Ibu is doing my best to keep you breastmilk-fed, dear Umar. So far, the stock in the freezer can last only for 2 days. I hope my breastfeeding journey will go a long way this time. Insyaallah. Dear gadget, work with me aite!
![]() |
Bukit Beruntung to KL is approximately 64km away. About 45 minutes to 1 hour journey. I understand how the husband feel. After 4 years living in the military camp, it must be hard for you to adapt; the day has to start at least 1 hour earlier than others at the MQ and traveling is energy-consuming too. Well that's what yours truly have been facing; back then, during pregnancy, and now as a mother of two. It is always mind over matter. Give yourself some time, Insyaallah you will be fine. Irony, despite of the hectic schedule during the day, I find myself smiling whenever I see my beautiful daughter and son; you keep me going, kids! Alhamdulillah.

I wish everything will fall into place soon. May Allah grant our doa and lend us the strength to cope and adapt with the challenges ahead. Amin...





2 comments:
insyaAllah semoga semua dipermudahkan... kuat semangat Ja bf umar... so takde alasan utk suri rumah macam saye tak bf husna dgn sedikit diuji
thanks Jiyah. Hopefully kita sama-sama dapat bf anak selama boleh :) Insyaallah...
Post a Comment