Wednesday, December 07, 2011
Money sense
The green note. Irony, the more we earn, the more we feel short of it. Insufficient, not enough. So what is the ideal salary do we need? Or it is something that WANTs out ruling the NEEDs?
I hate the fact how the green note influences how we live our life. With the factor of inflation, the value of money drops and resulted in higher cost of living. Oh my. This calls for proper planning and prudent spending especially when you have a family. Now that my family is bigger, I hope we could make do with the household income and live moderately happy if not lavish (kidding-on the lavish part).
$alary
Alhamdulillah. With both husband and wife working, the earning is sufficient. We made few expensive-big steps in 2011. These need fund. I hope to hear great news from the Management soon. And perhaps new salary scheme for the Armed Forces? We could use some extra notes!
$pending
The major spending is dedicated for the kids. The price of formulated milk is increasing day by day. Enfagrow A+ is now costs RM94 for a 1.7kg packing. Same goes to diaper. Even PetPet now costs RM34 per pack. All in all, a sum of RM1.5k is allocated for them beginning January 2012.
A new addition to our expenses is the house we bought. Inclusive renovation cost, the total price is RM200k++. The installment is significant. I wonder how on earth few friends of mine, with salary more or less at par, could afford buying RM450k and above houses. Wow. What a huge commitment! Something I don't feel worth doing. Cheapskate :p And don't see it as investment too. What's the point of it if I could not afford funding the loan. Take calculated risk, do financial standing analysis and decide; my philosophy.
Good news, no more hire purchase installment needed. Both cars are ours, debt free yippie!
Being the eldest in the family, I hope I can continue contributing to the parents. Looking at the current income, with the new house expenses, I can't afford to pay the installment of the parent's house anymore :( I could have if my promotion is on time. However, due to the downfall of my career in 2009, my promotion was delayed to 2013 :( hopefully Allah murahkan rezeki untuk terus membalas budi baba and mama. I love them so much.
$avings/Investment
Insyaallah the salary deduction will be continued. It is the only way to save up, trust me. No such thing as kalau ada lebih nanti masuk tabung. Sheesh! Kalau ada lebih masuk tabung Mothercare ada la. We don't have a lot. Just sufficient to back up during emergencies.
Insurance for the kids-checked. Unit trust-checked. Monthly deduction-checked. Zakat-checked! And a few other investment products. But on top of all, I am glad that we have EPF. At least later after retirement, source of money is there :) hehe Account 2 has reduced, withdrawed due to the purchase of our-home-sweet-home. Alhamdulillah.
At the end of the month, no extra. Just enough to cover for the necessary. What went wrong? I don't think there is any. Being the eldest, we have commitment to the parents. What we gain, there should be a portion for them. I don't regret for not having to buy expensive clothes or live a lavish life like most of people at the towers do. Cause I believe that I spent portion of it to the right channel, my parents. Insyaallah berkat. And based on my experience, whenever emergency strikes, there is rezeki to drain it away. Berkat restu baba and mama. Alhamdulillah.
P/s: masih dalam mood belanjawan. Moga ada rezeki untuk isi perut rumah.
P/s2: pernah consult AKPK tentang pengurusan kewangan peribadi. 1) 10% of salary should go to savings 2) Benar, credit card is the culprit! Use it wisely. The quote "ukur baju di badan sendiri" says them all. That goes to you too, Jaja!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Suka topik ni.. walaupun bukan pakar kewangan, tapi bila masuk bab duit ni rasa sangat sensitif.
Setuju dengan ja yang banyak bantu parents:) rasanya itu formula terbaik untuk beroleh rezki yang berkat. Selain penyucian harta melalui zakat, sedekah(infaq) ke jalan Allah juga boleh bersihkan harta kita. Sebab apa yang kita infaq ke jalan Allah tu yang akan kita dapat di akhirat, insyaAllah.
Bab savings memang perkara pertama wajib tolak lepas dapat gaji, selebihnya tu pandai lah bagi cukup;) hehehe...
Selain tu nak share jugak, sebenarnya memang penggunaan wang kertas ni membebankan kita sbb inflasi. Ada baca artikel yang mengatakan wang kertas ni sumber dan punca 'riba' kerana nilai nya yang tidak tetap. Sebab tu makin hari sara hidup amat membebankan kerana wang kertas kita tiada nilai lagi. Nak tak nak slowly kita kena simpan duit ni dalam bentuk emas supaya nilai duit tu akan kekal dan tak kan inflasi. Ni terbukti benar, sebab zaman Rasulullah saw, harga seekor kambing 1 Dinar, sekarang lepas beribu-ribu tahun harga seekor kambing masih 1Dinar (RM750-800) which is true:)
Dalam satu hadis juga Rasulullah pernah berkata "akan tiba satu waktu di mana tiada benda yang lebih bernilai kecuali dinar (emas) dan dirham(perak)"
Semoga sedikit perkongsian ni menjadi manfaat bersama. InsyaAllah kalau kita share tentang kebaikan emas ni dengan semua orang, mudah-mudahan kita berjihad dalam bentuk ekonomi agar umat Islam tidak selalu ditindas dan punya ekonomi yang kukuh supaya masalah umat kini dapat dibanteras dan diselesaikan. Amin. Wallahua'lam.
Thanks Jiyah. Nak cerita pasal emas tak pandai. Nak baca, jujurnya saya pemalas. Mungkin tauke emas boleh buat dedicated entry nanti :)
Selagi duit kertas monopoli ekonomi, harga emas pon terkesan secara tak langsung angkara inflasi. Kalau monitor harga emas di pasaran daily, boleh sakit jantung dibuatnya. Macam main saham! Dan pelaburan emas juga tuntut modal yang tinggi. Ambil masa nak kumpul bagi org kebanyakan macam kami :) Insyaallah, one step at a time :)
Post a Comment